Wednesday 9 October 2013

A train ride, birthday and the fair

Waaaay back in June, we celebrated Riley's 12th birthday.  Riley has always seemed older than she is, so even during this 12th birthday party, we found ourselves thinking "really?  12?  that's it?"

She is a mature 12 year old...she loves to giggle and have fun with her best friend Hollie, but generally is serious about her life.  She loves to study and has a hard time accepting anything less than an "A", is meticulous with her appearance and is very organized.  She never leaves the house without her purse or bag, which is perfectly filled with all things she may need.  She reminds me of things I've forgotten and I often find myself saying to her "Riley, remind me that I need to...."  She loves to shop and is GREAT company while shopping.  She is soft spoken.  She LOOOOVES to read, completing one or two books a day if given the chance.  She is an incredible artist as well.  She loves volleyball, swimming and fishing.  She loves to bake.  She is sincere in her faith already and never needs prompting when it comes to her devotions.

This particular June, we decided to have Oma and Opa Sluys over to take the Port Stanley train ride with us.  I won't say much about this other than while the train ride was fine, our conductor left a lot to be desired and we ended up asking for our money back.  The kids did enjoy the ride though :)










We then celebrated with cake, Riley choosing Strawberry Shortcake :)  When I was in labor with Riley, we walked around the St. Anne's fairgrounds, which takes place every year just down our street, hoping to speed up labor.  
After Oma and Opa left for home, we decided to take a stroll down to the fairgrounds and buy our ride tickets.  We are a ride loving family :)  



 Poor Reeve...this girl has been itching for two years to get on this crazy ride.  I thought for sure she was well enough past the line to get on, but nope.  She was so sad.  I don't normally buy things to soothe, but I had hyped her up for this ride and I was so sad for her.  The lollipop helped, but she'd rather have gone on the ride ;)  Next year Reeve, next year!


I discovered that I don't enjoy spinning rides nearly as much as I used to!





Henry took the kids on the ferris wheel.  I don't do ferris wheels :)


Reeve is our most adventurous child, hands DOWN.  So when there is a possibility of three to a seat, Reeve goes in the middle.  That way she is mostly pinned in...because otherwise?  She will be straining at that seat belt and hanging as far out of the cart as possible.  See?





She's fun.  A lot of work, but fun :)  

A fun day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment