Monday 28 October 2013

Pumpkins!

One thing I love about running a daycare, is the great field trips that autumn brings.  We love them.  And so, a few weeks after picking our apples, we headed out to Ferguson's Farm to pick out some pumpkins and walk the corn maze.  This year we went THREE times!  Because of all the part time children, I try to make sure everyone gets to go at least once.  I just got back this morning from our last visit.  A new mom (Kelly) and her son (Maddox ~ joining us in January) came with us.  Kelly happens to be returning to her job as a firefighter, so I'm hooooping the fire hall will become a field trip some day.  We've gone before, but it's a tricky place to get into and so I'm hoping that since we have an "in" we'll be able to go again :)

Sadly, I brought my camera today and realized once we got there that the battery was dead. DEAD.  I couldn't even squeeze one photo out of it.  Ah well.  These photos are from our first trip.  We went on a PA day, so that meant Nolan (who started JK in September) was along, as well as my two girls.











Once we were back home, I set Nolan and Reeve to the task of cleaning our pumpkins which they LOVED (playing with water?  you bet), while I put together our daycare Thanksgiving meal of ham, mashed potates, veggies, dinner rolls and the favorite...applesauce :)  We love these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment